Iowa Renewable Energy, LLC. is a commercial scale, state-of-the-art biodiesel production operation in Washington, Iowa. The multiple feedstock production facility can utilize soybean oil, other vegetable oils and animal fats to manufacture approximately 30 million gallons of high quality biodiesel each year. Our process takes something most people think of as waste and converts it into a valuable product.
The purpose of this position is to assist in delivering quality testing of the finished product while maintaining operating processes and equipment. The technician is knowledgeable of BQ9000 requirements and provides training to production with an emphasis on maintaining and improving current production quality of biodiesel.
This is a 24/7 operation.
Essential Job requirements include but are not limited to :
- Responsible for providing IRE staff with feedback on lab results in a timely manner.
- Assist Lab Manager with operator training in proper field sampling and testing techniques.
- Ensure operator generated data is both accurate and precise.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Positive attitude, excellent reasoning skills and desire to work in a small team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety policies and help ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA and federal and state requirements.
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment to meet company standards.
- Ability to work independently managing multiple tasks, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule may be required
Perform daily laboratory tasks as described:
- Sampling and testing of incoming and finished products
- Ensuring all data leaving the lab is accurate and precise.
- Analyzing, recording and effectively communicating data gathered from testing.
- Performing regularly scheduled lab equipment maintenance and calibration based on quality control sample trends.
- Assisting Lab Manager with initiating appropriate corrective action when QC standards indicate the need (i.e. troubleshoot instrumentation, recalibrate instrument, rerun samples, notify parties affected by data, etc.,)
Qualifications: Education Required: A.A.S. degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. BS in Chemistry or related degree preferred.
Experience Required: 1 to 2 years laboratory experience in a manufacturing related industry or chemical lab a plus. Ability to demonstrate competent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug free work environment.